Uh JET?

So today was my JET interview. It didn't go as I had planned, but was not disastrous. If what I hear is true, I do have a chance even if it didn't go so smoothly. The annoying thing is that I had seen most of the questions they asked me on websites but decided to focus on certain ones following the advice of friends who are in JET. It's a good thing that they asked me everything that I had only put a little bit of thought into, otherwise I might have done too well. I answered about half of them confidently, and think I could have answered the other half better. They hammered me on one question and maybe a sub-question. This is all going by my gut feeling, so maybe I answered most of them satisfactorily, or maybe I totally sucked. I felt like I got hammered with one question fairly early, so my confidence level was not so high about 2 minutes in. Hopefully I seemed confident to the 3 interviewers, because I knew I was shaking on the inside.
I guess I'll see in a couple months. The wait is really gonna kill me because I know I could have done better, but think I still have a 50/50 chance.

An update on the games (though I have not finished either):
The DMC4 install on PS3 really isn't so bad. It took 20 minutes, which I would say is pretty close to installing a large game on a PC. The load times are supposedly better with the install, so the 20 minutes would seem worth it. Twenty minutes isn't quite an eternity either, like some sites would like you to think. What I don't really like is the usage of 5gb. It's no concern right now, but if future games have installs that big, the PS3 will be very problematic with large game libraries. The game itself is very quick paced and action packed. Nothing surprising for something from the DMC series. The graphics are very nice, but not incredibly impressive. Possibly a side effect of a standard definition setup. The voice acting doesn't suck, which is always nice. I'm enjoying it so far.

Days of Ruin on DS is also pretty fun. It seems well suited for a handheld game, because it's easy to start and stop in the middle which is likely on a portable. Other than that, it seems like a pretty standard strategy game. What makes it enjoyable is that it's very well executed.

No comments: