I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.

So my buddy has a Wii and recently bought Trauma Center for it, and while I never really thought about buying any of those doctor or lawyer games, it is fun as hell. The graphics are unimpressive, the gameplay is simplistic, and the dialog is absolute hell, but the game is incredibly addictive and fun. The simplistic gameplay is intense, requires a good amount of teamwork in co-op mode, and really keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Despite being so simple, the game throws so many different procedures at you that creates an incredible pace. There are also a lot of different instruments that need to be used and I often found myself fumbling with the nunchuck joystick to get the right one out. Instead of draining pooled blood, I'll suddenly be stitching a non existent wound. It's a little annoying, but I can't think of any better way to quickly select from your arsenal. The later operations are incredibly hard and can get somewhat frustrating.

I don't really think I'd enjoy playing the game alone either. It just seems like the kind of game that requires another person to enjoy, and also beat. These are the kinds of games that make me want a Wii though - casual games that are fun to play in groups. Really a big step away from the single player or competitive multiplayer games I have for PS3.

Still no word on the Canon XTi, though I have a little bit of buyer's remorse after the announcement of the new Canon XSi. The XSi will have the new DIGIC III chip in it, which was the one thing I really wish the XTi had...The lens has also been stepped up with image stabilization. I guess the XTi is all I'll need to start off and the XSi would cost me twice as much, but man I couldn't have bought this thing at a worse time - right before PMA '08 when manufacturers announce new models, and old models start dropping in price. Oh well, I'm getting a pretty good deal on the XTi as it is.

Still need to save up for a 24" LCD monitor with HDMI to play 1080p PS3 on too...
Since I told a friend (and my only reader I believe) I'd take some pictures of my PS3, here they are:

The setup.


A better view.


In case I forget what system I'm playing.


Slot loader and touch sensitive buttons. Pretty, but they don't inspire confidence.


It still advertises itself after you've bought it.

No comments: