Tales from the First Dimension


I recently turned 23, but I feel as though I am at least twice that age, physically. I signed up for a volleyball tournament at work thinking it would be a nice throwback to the days of high school gym class. I was wrong.

It seems like these people actually use strategy and set each other up for spikes. There aren't very many who can actually spike, but that's besides the point. The thing that really shocked me, however, was my own ability -- or lack thereof. I knew I'd be rusty because I haven't exercised in quite a while, but this was beyond rusty. I cramped up after 10 minutes of play, dehydrated after 20, had poor reaction speed, terrible aim, and just plain sucked. So I guess I will have to start hitting the gym and get back into shape before I embarrass myself more.

I guess this is what happens when you sit in front of a computer for 10 hours a day at work, go home, eat dinner, and rest.

In other news, I'm expecting a Canon XTi SLR sometime in the near future. You can expect to see photos as I attempt to step into the world of amateur photography.


No comments: