Canonical.

The XTi finally came today. Opened it and played around with it a little. It's a little lighter than I expected, but still pretty solid feeling. The lens is a little strange because there's no separate manual focus ring. Instead, you actually turn the plastic housing of the lens itself. A little strange and cheap feeling in my opinion, but I haven't really handled many cameras.

I really enjoy the control over everything with the camera. It's very different from my old point and shoot SD300. The picture quality, expectedly, is much better. The flash fills better, there's less vignetting, virtually no chromatic aberration so far, and many times faster. It's nice that I can actually use sensitivities higher than 100 without massive noise too. Of course, I don't know how to properly use it yet, so I need to play around with the settings a few times before I can get a properly exposed shot. Nothing worth posting yet, but when I get some more shots in I'll start posting the ones that don't look like crap.
In the meantime, have some pictures of the camera itself:




No comments: